TGIF!!!

(that's "G" as in, "Goodness"!)

Well, it's been a week. Of what, you ask?

Well, I guess you could say, a week in the life.....

We had a team member leave the company this week. She found that the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence (at least, when it comes to salaries), and got a job as an adjudicator for WSIB. Can't really blame her, she can start all over in a new job, new office, with more money and more holidays. A few of us are jealous...

As a result of her leaving, a couple of us moved desks. Not that we really had to, we just decided we wanted to, and for some reason, they actually agreed to move us! Very odd for this office....usually they fight us tooth-and-nail for anything....but I now have a bigger desk, by old desk buddy has more room (she can now expand into my old desk), and the girl who's desk I took is now in the "back of the bus" area. (you know, the desks back by the windows that are out-of-the-way and under-the-radar)

Something else a little odd happened today as well. For weeks (months, even), the powers-that-be have been asking us, "how can we make it better?", and our response is starting to become, "we already told you 15 times!". But, one of the complaints we've had is that people's accomplishments are not being recognized. Well, guess who got recognized today?! Apparently, my team leader decided that the letter I got from one of my claimants was worthy of recognition (she was VERY complimentary), so I was rewarded with a round of applause from the unit, and (believe it or not) a MALL GIFT CARD! We had heard rumours of these gift cards having been purchased, but we were all a little skeptical that they would ever actually surface. They actually proved us wrong for once.....we'll see how long it lasts....

One thing I'm very happy about right now is the amount of work getting done in my basement. Doug's been working his little tushy off! The laundry room, stairwell, and hallway are almost completely drywalled and taped, almost ready for priming! It's actually starting to feel like we're really going to get this place done and on the market. Dare I hope?....

Anyway, it's the weekend....FINALLY....I actually get to sleep in.....YAY!....I even get to go back to the Hammer tomorrow, even if it is for a band concert, but it is my brother's band that's playing, and both Doug and Dad are helping out, so that's OK. (holy run-on sentence, batman) I still get to see all the fam, and I always feel much more "at home" when I'm out there -- as far as I'm concerned, it's still home!

Sorry, nothing thought-provoking tonight. I'm too tired.

Catch ya later.
0 Responses