Gutting it out...

You know, I'm getting the distinct impression that (someone) doesn't want me doing the 40 Days of Purpose...

I'm very happy to say, I've been doing all the readings so far! I'm right on schedule. It hasn't been easy, let me tell you! I've been fine, making the time to read: I've been doing one reading as soon as I wake up in the morning, and another reading each evening as I'm getting ready for bed. Each time, though, it's a battle to keep my concentration on what I'm reading. There's constant distraction: the TV is going elsewhere in the house, but loud enough for me to hear it; I have trouble staying awake (especially during the early-morning readings); other noises/thoughts intrude; and my bladder always seems to want to tell me it's full, even if it isn't! I've managed to ignore the distractions for the most part, although there have been several times when I've had to go back and re-read a paragraph or 2, because what I've read hasn't sunk in!

OK, so I'm battling through the readings. How about the weekly meetings? Well, we have our second one tomorrow night, and wouldn't you know it, I'm sick!! I finally picked up one of the many cold bugs flying around this year (actually, I think I did OK, not catching anything until February!), so far it's settled in my chest; I don't know if it's going to migrate upwards, or if this is it. Regardless, I have a feeling that tomorrow will be worse than today, just in time for our first meeting in small groups!

This set of readings and bible studies is evidently very important for me to participate in, if (he)'s working so hard to keep me from it! (he)'s not going to get the upper hand, and I'm going tomorrow night if I have to drag myself there and wear a mask!
0 Responses