Some more shots...

I've discovered that my favorite photography subjects, besides nature, are little kids. I guess it's the innocence of it all, or the fact that they can be so unaware.

Here are some shots I took of my niece and nephew up at Tobermory a couple of summers ago.





Leslie's kids are great, too. I had fun playing "peek-a-boo" with Honour at a family wedding...


I've noticed a disturbing trend lately, though: I've been forgetting my camera! I was actually half-way to my parents' for Christmas, of all things, and realized my camera was still at home!

I'd really like to get back into it, though, because I get so much enjoyment out of it. Unfortunately, it can be very expensive, between the film, the developing, etc. No, I haven't switched to digital, first of all because I can't afford a digital SLR yet, and secondly, there are effects you just can't get with digital, that can look amazing on film. Yes, it means I waste shots because I don't know what they look like until I get the film back, but that's all part of the learning process, as far as I'm concerned!

In the mean time, if you see me walking around with my camera, don't bother trying to hide. My favorite shots are the candid ones that people don't realize I'm taking, so I'll just get ya when you aren't looking!
0 Responses