Still here

Yes, I'm still here. Still breathing, still upright.

It's been a strange few weeks. I've been finding myself swinging between confident, together, responsible adult, and scared, insecure, depressed kid. I have a bad habit of allowing myself to be affected by events which are outside of my control. Combine that with the other bad habit of not doing anything to help myself.

There are times, though, when I feel like I'm getting my life together. My house gets cleaned. Responsibilities get taken care of. I act like my age.

But then, it's only a few days before I'm parked in front of the TV, or at the computer, feeling sorry for myself and wishing I could just run away and hide from the world.

I screwed up big time today. Well, the screw-up wasn't today, but I suffered the consequences today. I won't go into detail about what happened, but suffice to say that I was reminded of how I can do things without thinking, and that a seemingly small, stupid act can catch up to you in a big way.

And now I want to crawl into a hole. I'm embarrassed, I'm chagrinned, I'm very angry with myself. I'm also lucky to have only been reprimanded and warned.

But I'll get over it. And I'll learn from it.

And the confidence will come back. I'll start getting things together again, and I'll feel like a grown-up.

Maybe I'll even act like one.
1 Response
  1. kathryn Says:

    sorry to hear of your humbling episode, but glad to know that you've grown from it. . isn't that life though? a series of growth opportunities - some we choose, some are given to us.