Give me Ears to Listen

He's trying to tell me something.

(Well, He's not trying, He's doing. The problem is on the receiving end.)

I can't quite decipher it yet. But there's that disturbance in my spirit, that tells me there's something I need to learn, something I need to do, or stop doing...I just can't put my finger on it.

There's been something bothering me the last while, probably for a few weeks. I've put it down to stress (both from life and from work), tiredness, selfishness, whatever I can think of, but bottom line, there's something not quite right.

He's trying to tell me what it is, and I can't quite figure it out.

I came to this realization today. I was reminded of an old prayer on the weekend, and I decided I wanted to pray it every day. Not just for the sake of repeating a prayer for the sake of repeating it (and therefore feeling good about myself for having said it), but because it's truly what I want in my life. I know I lack. I'm far from the person God wants me to be. I guess I felt that one step on the road to becoming that person is to pray this prayer (and really mean it!!) on a regular basis. So I started with it today.

And I immediately felt Him telling me something. I just can't hear Him clearly yet - there's too much of me in the way. But I know it's important, and I'd better listen up.


"God be in my head, and in my understanding.
God be in my eyes, and in my looking.
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking.
God be in my heart, and in my thinking.
God be at my end, and at my departing."

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Interesting! I've been "humming, singing" that ever since hearing it on the weekend as well. Keep on "listening" hon...don't forget to read the Word as well...the message is definitely there.