PROGRESS!!!

Yay!!

I never thought I'd be happy about having my house turned into a construction zone, but when you've spent months (years, even!) waiting to have your kitchen reno'd, it's a very exciting thing! What makes it bear-able, is that we have a separate apartment in our basement, which is currently not rented out -- I therefore still have a fully functioning kitchen while the upstairs one is ripped apart!

Things are (finally!) moving along, everything is outa there (some of it is already in the dump!), and the new cabinets have been ordered. Of course, the main floor of the house is covered in plaster dust, but I can live with that...it's only temporary.

We're still seriously behind schedule -- it looks like we won't be able to list the house until late summer, maybe even September. When you consider we had originally planned to move a year ago, it's very frustrating...but I'm staying positive by looking at the fact that the things that need to get done are finally getting done! As long as we can maintain the momentum, I'll be happy. The trick is not losing steam before we get to the end of the track...
1 Response
  1. kathryn Says:

    yay for progress!! hang in there!