SNOW DAY!!!

I so remember the excitement, back when I was a kid, whenever we had a snow day! The anticipation of listening to the radio, waiting to hear those wonderful words, "Wentworth County school board, buses cancelled!" Woo-hoo! Time to play outside all day, build snow forts, and play hooky with permission!!

I may be a grown-up now, but I still love a good snow day!!

They are certainly few-and-far-between; since I live only 10-15 minutes from my office, I usually don't have an excuse to not come in. Those that live much further away are much more believe-able, when they call in and say, "the roads are too bad, I can't drive in that!" I, on the other hand, would likely get the response of, "oh, it's not that bad, you don't have far to come..."

Today, though, is another story. Thanks to a whole lot of freezing rain, our entire office is without power.

Yee-Ha!! Snow Day!!

So I can relax, get some things done around here, and dream of what life would be like if I didn't have to work. I certainly wouldn't be bored, I've got too many irons in the fire! Between piano, scrapbooking, photography, all these things I just don't have the time to do with a full-time job.

But, I just might take some time to play in the snow, for old time's sake!
0 Responses