Nutso-Crazo!

Yeah, I guess it's been a while....

No, I haven't abandoned my blogs, I've just been rather caught up in goings-on around here...between practicing my fingers off for various Easter weekend gigs, and the insanity that's been work lately....

As for work, in the space of 3 months, we've lost 5 people from our unit. That means 5 caseloads to be absorbed by the rest of us, some of whom (including yours truly) are already at the maximum load you'd want to be at. Yee-ha. We've had 3 people quit (2 had new jobs to go to, the 3rd we don't know....), one person got promoted (yay!), and one person got fired. To top it all off, we were informed today that the unit manager is being moved to another unit, so we'll be getting a new manager.....sometime.....

Yikes!

As for Easter weekend gigs, I wanted to tell you all about a concert we'll be participating in on Easter Saturday (April 7th) at 7pm. It's the annual Impact Brass Anniversary concert. (for those of you who are confused, Impact Brass is the group formerly known as the Ontario South Divisional Youth Band) A group that Doug and I play with, Marked By Love, is the special guest group for the evening. If you haven't heard of us yet, check us out at markedbylove.com! We'll be performing music from our new CD, (which will hopefully be available that night!), as well as a brand new song, written especially by my friend, Donna Harris, for the occasion. If you're the type that likes to sample the wares prior to purchase, go to our MySpace site, where you can hear samples of the music we'll be playing.

If you'd like to come, the concert is at Mountain Citadel in Hamilton (at the corner of Stone Church Road and Upper Gage Ave), and I believe tickets are $10.00 at the door. We'd love to see you there!!!

If you're more the Toronto type, and don't feel like going to Hamilton, you can check out the North York Temple Good Friday concert. It's at the corps (25 Centre Ave, near Yonge and Steeles) on Good Friday evening, I believe it starts at 7:30, and I think the tickets are $5.00. The concert will feature the North York Temple musical sections, including the band, songsters, junior band, and singing company.

Any wonder I haven't had time to blog lately!!! Well, if you're able to make it to either of the concerts, maybe we can be old-fashioned, and catch up in person!
0 Responses