Sunshine, Here I Come!

I just re-read my last post. It's really quite negative, isn't it? That really wasn't my intention with this site, I don't want it to end up being one big, long list of complaints. I'd like to think I'm not that negative!!

I am going to make a concious effort to keep the majority of my posts positive, and maybe even a bit humorous. I won't kid myself, there will be days where this will be my avenue of venting, but I'm going to try to keep that to a minimum.

Just as a post-script to Friday's post, the day ended a little better than it started. I actually had a face-to-face with a higher manager, who assured me that the situation was being dealt with. Whether it actually is or not, I won't venture to guess. I'm content to their assurance at face value that the offending party has been spoken to regarding her behaviour. I know I'm probably being naive, but it's always been in my nature to give other people the benefit of the doubt.

And I have to say thank-you to all of you who have expressed their support for me. It's been a real struggle here at the office to keep a positive attitude with so much going on, and it's a real boost when you have friends to help you through!

Right now, I'm in the midst of trying desperately to get 2-weeks-worth of work done in 4 days...only 4 more sleeps until SANIBEL!!! Can't wait to get to Jerry's, Pinnochio's, the Island Cow, the Bean, the BEACH..... (am I making you jealous yet?...) Most of all, I'm just looking forward to a break where I can sit around and do what I want, when I want! I think Doug's going to rent a scooter again, it's a poor substitute for a motorbike (in his mind, anyway), but it's fun to zip around the island on it. Yee-Ha!!
0 Responses