Yeah, yeah, I know....

Yes, indeedee, my penchant for procrastination is once again rearing it's ugly head.

Still haven't gotten the computer at home taken care of.

Still haven't gotten the house ready to sell.

Still haven't done my wedding thank-you cards.
(is there really any point at this stage of the game? It's been 4 years...)

Wanna place bets on whether I actually get any Christmas cards done this year?

The truly frightening thing is that I actually married someone who is just as bad at procrastination as I am! It's a wonder we actually got married - I'm surprised we didn't just keep putting it off!

I really am trying, though. (yes, I know, I'm very trying) Seriously, I'm getting better at getting things done. The approach I'm taking these days is to focus on what needs to be done NOW, and get it done. I'm trying not to dwell on past projects, and wallow in "shoulda-coulda-woulda" misery - I don't need reminders about how negligent I've been in the past. I'm trying to focus on the here-and-now, and on what's-to-come.

So, you might still not get a "thankyou" card for your wedding gift (which was very much appreciated, despite the lack of my telling you so), but you just might get a really nice Christmas card this year...
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Heehee... did you know what kind of procrastinator friend you have sitting in Guelph? LOL Poor you!

    Anyway, about this computer of yours... let me help you on that one. Let me know when might be a good time to visit and we'll go from there.

    There... we can both be proactive! Whoo us!