Battling the Post-Holiday Blues

Back to the grind.

Gee, don't I sound excited?

I guess it's typical for January, after the Christmas and New Years excitement. I guess I'm going through holiday withdrawl. Some might even say I'm in denial, especially when they walk into my living room, and see all the Christmas decorations still up. (tree included!) I just use the excuse that, hey! It's only a few days past the Eastern Orthodox Christmas!

I'm having difficulty getting back into the swing of things at work. I'm so used to working like crazy, trying to get caught up for vacations, that now that things are returning to normal, I'm actually having trouble figuring out what to do! It's almost like I'm too caught-up, I need that bit of pressure to actually get things done.

I feel like I'm in neutral, and the gear shift just won't budge. I've been joking that I won't know how to handle a 5-day week anymore, I've had at least one day off in every work week since November. I'm actually finding it difficult to get through this 4-day week! I suppose I shouldn't complain, I had a lot of holidays to use up before the end of last year, and there were people I work with who couldn't take any holidays because they'd used them all up. It catches up with you, though.

So, here I am, in 2007. Let's see, what is coming up this year?.... My 5th wedding anniversary, my 5th anniversary at work (I think I get a little gift of some kind, and another week of holidays), the first Marked By Love CD release, hopefully a new house (if we ever get this one in any kind of shape to sell), and, well, other plans I'd rather not get into (might give too many people too much hope -- including myself).

I guess the biggest thing weighing me down right now is the fear that, like last year, plans will fall flat. Last year was very frustrating. I don't want this year to be the same. Yeah, I know, I sounded so optimistic, so grounded, so realistic in my last post. See why I really don't like to make New Years Resolutions?

Sorry for the depressing post. Just calling it as I see it right now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day....
0 Responses